Old 15-12-2006, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Mizuna and Winter Purslane

In article , "ajr" writes:

| Both of these plants were mentioned in an article that I read recently.
|
| Consequently, I'm thinking of growing them next year and have a couple of
| questions:
|
| 1. Are they worth the effort? I'm tempted to grow them whatever the
| answer, out of curiosity! :-)
|
| 2. Where can I buy seeds? I've searched the usual places (Suttons etc) to
| no avail.

Mizuna, yes. It makes a good salad vegetable, and a tolerable cooked
one. It is much less 'fierce' than most brassicas when eaten raw.

Winter purslane, not in my view. It doesn't taste of much.

Try Tuckers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.