Old 16-12-2006, 02:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Auto Tech Auto Tech is offline

Default Carbuerator Overhaul on a Huskavarna 154 Se

I had developed a severe stall condition especially when you tried to
use high rpm jets. I bought a carb kit and overhauled the carb BUT
lacked the information on settings internally BUT the carb did not look
very complicated. I am a A class Ford Technition and have loads of
experience on lawn tractors with B&S and Tucemseh but really have no
experience with 2 cycle engines and carbs. I am also having trouble
with chain stretch and my chain is only a few months old. BUT top item
is low on power and dogging while cutting thick wood and Misquite. She
alsways seems to need variances on fuel mixture as she is used and it
should not need this one setting should do it. I live in Nm and cut
wood daily with the saw for heat purposes. This saw is a critical tool
for everyday while winter lasts.

Any help is appreciated..