Old 16-12-2006, 03:05 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default Well I'll be....some mods better check their ISP's

I stated this before, and do not get me wrong, but I will not be
theone that puts the word out to a pewrsons ISP, but out of the mods
mentioned there is in fact two of their ISP's that replied back with
an response to a hypothetical question I asked. I simply emailed all
ISP's of mods involved as wellas a few other various ISP's the simple
statement.

"I intend to moderate a USENET group, which will possibly add to my
current email traffic. Am I likely to incurr any additional charges
for this extra traffic that may result.

Guess what.....the two that "have" replied both of them stated Yes, we
consider the modertion to be high traffic much more than typical and
there would be a different method in place to assess
charges.....nteresting, expeically if someone is supposedly off the
grid, and may have that impulse to post and mod by way of their work
ISP's. I bet those work polaces would frown very much on folks taking
care of Moderation responsibilities on the employers nickle. This may
really get interesting............

-------