Old 16-12-2006, 10:29 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff Cliff is offline

Default Live oak treatment in December

I would suggest you save your money or at the very least get a second onion
from a registered and licensed arborist. If you know or think you have a
real problem and then I would get a second opinion. The native live oaks
have been surviving in this area for a few years without "deep root
fertilization" or a "micro injection". I doubt Sitting Bull and the boys
were treating the Oaks.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have several live oaks in my yard (Austin, TX) and
an arborist recommended deep root fertilization plus
a micro injection. He visited my property November 1st
but I didn't schedule an appointment immediately. It
is now December 16. QUESTION: Is it too late now for
the treatment? Should I wait for early spring?

Thanks!