Old 17-12-2006, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike in Spain Mike in Spain is offline

Default Christmas Weather

judith lea wrote:

Mike in Spain wrote:
judith lea wrote:

Getting more like winter every day here, day time temps not even
reaching 20, and as for night time, well its down to about 14, so it's
winter coats on, mind you my outdoor bizzy lizzy is still flowering its
socks off, and there are plenty of self set seedlings up, petunias,
bougainvilia, pansies and poinsettias doing well out doors as well, as
are my cyclamen and pom pom daisys, still waiting for the ranunculus to
show its flowers, and the anenomes are growing well. only plants that
haven't yet started to grow are the narcissus!

there's no need to gloat! I could do with a bit of sunshine right
now, it's very windy here but quite mild.

My husband telephoned from France tonight, it was 5 degrees under last
night, very clear, starry sky and even though there was sunshine today,
he says it is bitterly cold. With a bit of luck we will wake up to
snow, as usual, on Christmas morning.

I'm not sure where you are in Spain, what is your worst weather
scenario?

Merry Christmas to everyone gardening in the UK.

And to you too.

Judith Lea - at home

Worst case scenario is that we MIGHT just get down to a slight ground
frost one night in the winter. We can grow all tender plants outdoors,
petunias are winter bedding here, but I am on the southern cost of
Sapin, Costa Blanca.