Old 14-12-2006, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Christmas Weather

I was walking through the grounds, on the way to my office, this
morning; just as it was daylight. It was so beautiful, quiet but not
still. The rustling of the dry leaves remaining on the trees, a bird
hopping along and pecking at the earth, perhaps one that should have
long gone to another climate and the smell of the laverder bushes as my
skirt caught them as I took a short-cut across a shrubbery. It felt
good to be alive, to be able to see the Hypericum, blooming for
Christmas with so many, many, gentle yellow flowers, to see some bulbs
already pushing through and to realise that Christmas is almost here -
a lovely time because afterwards we start to plan the garden and that
comforts me; so much so that when the staff arirved later I was humming
Jingle Bells and all I want for Christmas are my two Front Teeth.

Judith Lea
At Home

Old 14-12-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"judith lea" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

A short cut across the shrubbery-bloody vandal. I bet you threw the odd Coke
bottle and crisp packet on it as well.
If you get those two front teeth somene might knock them out:-):-)
A Merry Christmas to you.

Old 14-12-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

A short cut across the shrubbery-bloody vandal. I bet you threw the odd Coke
bottle and crisp packet on it as well.

Gosh was that you lurking Rupert, I did go back and pick it up, honest.

If you get those two front teeth somene might knock them out:-):-)

Actually the teeth are not for me, I was thinking of someone else.

A Merry Christmas to you.

And you too - I tried emailing you the other day, it bounced back!

Old 15-12-2006, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

judith lea wrote:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

A short cut across the shrubbery-bloody vandal. I bet you threw the odd Coke
bottle and crisp packet on it as well.

Gosh was that you lurking Rupert, I did go back and pick it up, honest.

If you get those two front teeth somene might knock them out:-):-)

Actually the teeth are not for me, I was thinking of someone else.

A Merry Christmas to you.

And you too - I tried emailing you the other day, it bounced back!

Getting more like winter every day here, day time temps not even
reaching 20, and as for night time, well its down to about 14, so it's
winter coats on, mind you my outdoor bizzy lizzy is still flowering its
socks off, and there are plenty of self set seedlings up, petunias,
bougainvilia, pansies and poinsettias doing well out doors as well, as
are my cyclamen and pom pom daisys, still waiting for the ranunculus to
show its flowers, and the anenomes are growing well. only plants that
haven't yet started to grow are the narcissus!
Merry Christmas to everyone gardening in the UK.

Old 15-12-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mike in Spain wrote:
judith lea wrote:

Getting more like winter every day here, day time temps not even
reaching 20, and as for night time, well its down to about 14, so it's
winter coats on, mind you my outdoor bizzy lizzy is still flowering its
socks off, and there are plenty of self set seedlings up, petunias,
bougainvilia, pansies and poinsettias doing well out doors as well, as
are my cyclamen and pom pom daisys, still waiting for the ranunculus to
show its flowers, and the anenomes are growing well. only plants that
haven't yet started to grow are the narcissus!

there's no need to gloat! I could do with a bit of sunshine right
now, it's very windy here but quite mild.

My husband telephoned from France tonight, it was 5 degrees under last
night, very clear, starry sky and even though there was sunshine today,
he says it is bitterly cold. With a bit of luck we will wake up to
snow, as usual, on Christmas morning.

I'm not sure where you are in Spain, what is your worst weather
scenario?

Merry Christmas to everyone gardening in the UK.

And to you too.

Judith Lea - at home

Old 17-12-2006, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

judith lea wrote:

Mike in Spain wrote:
judith lea wrote:

[...]

Worst case scenario is that we MIGHT just get down to a slight ground
frost one night in the winter. We can grow all tender plants outdoors,
petunias are winter bedding here, but I am on the southern cost of
Sapin, Costa Blanca.

Christmas Day Weather 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 4 26-12-2014 09:05 AM
Christmas tips Cliff United Kingdom 9 30-11-2003 11:43 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Allegra Roses 0 23-01-2003 08:22 AM
Fabulous orchid pics. for your Christmas Dante Australia 1 17-12-2002 10:22 PM
Will Tylan (an antibiotic) kill my christmas tree? Dick N. Bush Lawns 0 06-12-2002 07:47 AM