Old 17-12-2006, 08:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
Kathryn Vickers Kathryn Vickers is offline

Default persimmon / quince seedling trees

I didn't know that. I planted one this August (just moved into newly bought
house then). It's doing ok but I have to keep the water up to it or the sun
is a bit much for it (about 2 L/day through a bottle on those orange spike
things).

Got mine (and the mulberry tree the frost killed, and the medlar I killed)
through Daleys on the internet.

kathy

On 10/12/06 10:57 PM, in article
, "Chookie"
wrote:

BTW, my quince sapling was easily 4m when I bought it from Swane's at Dural,
so it had to be pruned to fit in my car. This is not a bad thing for a quince
tree. A pity I picked up the wrong variety; 'Smyrna' is late-ripening, and by
NSW law all quinces have to be removed from trees by the end of April IIRC as
otherwise they provide winter habitat for fruit flies.