Old 17-12-2006, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default North to south or east to west (Rows)

Colin Jacobs wrote:
: Since taking on my new plot at a new site with a new community of
: allotment holders I asked the question,
: How do you grow your runner beans and sweet peas?
: do the rows go east to west with the south and north facing aspect on
: the plants or North to south with the east and west facing the bean
: rows.
:
: A big can of worms was opened
: What would you! do?
: Colin.

North to South gives more sunshine on the row in theory but I am never sure
whether it makes enough difference to matter