Old 17-12-2006, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default North to south or east to west (Rows)

"Colin Jacobs" wrote ...
Since taking on my new plot at a new site with a new community of
allotment
holders I asked the question,
How do you grow your runner beans and sweet peas?
do the rows go east to west with the south and north facing aspect on the
plants or North to south with the east and west facing the bean rows.

A big can of worms was opened
What would you! do?

Ours are planted across our plot roughly N to S so that both sides get sun
as it moves round during the day and any plants nearby are not totally
shaded.
It also happens to be the aspect of our plot which has it's longest axis E
to W. :-)

--
Regards
Bob H