Old 18-12-2006, 01:02 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_5_] Jonno[_5_] is offline

Default No friut Tomatoes

Just realised my wife has the habit of planting potato peels in the garden.
This is not good for tomatoes (I foudn out this spreads diseases)and also
anyone smoking can spread the mosiac tabacco wilt virus. Me I have loads of
thrip in my garden that seem to cause distruction when they appear.
The tomatoes are starting to show signs of willt allready. Damn.
"Potaroo" wrote in message
They are in sun probably get at least 8 hours. I had suspected it may
have
been a potash (is it the same as potassium?) problem.
I remember when living in werribee yonks ago; i had a huge groundcover
Grevillea, all leaf. I dusted it with wood ash from our Coonara and a
month
later it was flowering after 2 years.
Cheers, thank all.

wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:30:20 +1100, "Potaroo"

wrote:

I have tomato bushes about waist high, filled out and no flowers and
consqyently no fruit.
What am I doing wrong? Or are these smart enough not ot be eaten ;-)
Cheers, from the Haekesbury region.

Are they in the full sun?