Old 18-12-2006, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Welsh Witch Welsh Witch is offline

Default Leylandii problem

Having broken my ankle and my husband his knee (!)our Leylandii was
allowed to grow like crazy.
We have managed to sort out the top reasonably, we don;t have to worry
about neighbours, but the problem is the bottom of the hedge is showing
gaps. It doesn't help that the dogs (large) think its a great playing
ground and run through and through...BUT is there anything that can be
done to thicken the bottoms?Will they thicken up now we've cut the tops. I
know the parts we've cut into excessively will remain brown but how about
the bottoms?