Old 18-12-2006, 06:24 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default another mystery tree - Livingstone, Zambia

In message . com,
writes

On Dec 8, 5:55 pm, "P. van Rijckevorsel" wrote:
Again, it is hard to say from these two pictures. It looks like a fig to me.
Cutting through the fruit would have confirmed / refuted that.

Okay, so here is a bit more about this fruit, including a cross
section. Does not sound at all figgy to me.

http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Zq...Kk-?cq=1&p=287

Anton

If I recall correctly the earlier photographs didn't suggest Thespesia
(or Azanza) garckeana to me, but some of the description of the fruit
brings that back to my mind - one of the names for the edible fruit is
snot-apple. Try the following PDF and see if it helps

http://www.dfsc.dk/pdf/Seedleaflets/...ana_79_int.pdf
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley