Old 19-12-2006, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
maxfoo maxfoo is offline

Default Indoor Avacado tree problems.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:30:16 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, I live in northern Canada so it is not possible to keep it
outside, especially in the winter. So you think that the plant is not
getting enough light?

If don't have plant lights, then it is pretty much guaranteed that it's not
getting enough light. If you want to approach an ideal level, this is what
marijuana growers do (and I mention this because they've probably advanced
the art of indoor growing more than just about anyone else): You'll need at
LEAST eight fluorescent plant lights, preferably mounted vertically around
the plant. And, four more above the plant, inches above the highest leaves.
Ugly, but oh well. The other option would be sodium lights, about 5000
watts' worth, and they should be on for 8-10 hours a day.

Crazy, yes? But, that's the only way you'll have a plant that really looks
good. If you can settle for sad results, just one or two fluorescent tubes
will do the trick.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is the reality.

And be prepared for the Narcs squad to bust down the door after the electric
company tips them off of the huge jump in your electric bill.