Old 24-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Steve

Default Metal Halide lights for orchids?

Ooops. Sorry to be late with a reply. I often get behind in my reading
of this newsgroup.
No, I can't say anything is growing better under the combination light.
The combination does have 800 watts total so I put the plants that need
the most light there. In my 400 W MH light, I have used Agrosun bulbs
starting a few months after I got the fixture. I can bloom just about
anything with that.

Steve

Kevin wrote:
Yeah, a few friends who grow way too many plants (is that possible?)
have Metal Halide/hps lights in areas where we congregate, and the
lights give a harsh cast to things- it seems to bother the non-plant
folks more than most.... Did you notice an improvement with the extra
HPS light? I'm thinking about one of those expensive MH lights with
extra red spectrum. Opinions?

thanks