Old 19-12-2006, 03:37 AM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy[_1_] Cindy[_1_] is offline

Default Live oak treatment in December

* Treedweller wrote, On 12/18/2006 6:51 PM:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:14:37 GMT, Cindy wrote:

I've been using Milorganite fertilizer in my yard. Have you used it?

Cindy

No, I haven't seen any up close. I gather it is a granular product,
an organic version of material stripped down to basic nutrients. I
like the compost products because they bring a full ecosystem to your
soil. I'm not sure if milorganite adds actual bulk humus-type stuff
and microbes or not.

Yes, black granules. You use a fair amount at a time, and if you put it down at
the wrong time or spill too much, it doesn't burn the plants. A long-time mom
and pop nursery owner near me swears by it and says it does add to the soil.
Has a rather, um, interesting odor though, but then so do a lot of organic products.

Cindy