Old 19-12-2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] xoltri@gmail.com is offline

Default Indoor Avacado tree problems.

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I don't grow marijuana so I don't
have access to the expensive lights. But if it's lack of light that is
the problem I'll put it in the brightest window of the house so it can
get all of the 7 hours of daylight we get here now, and I'll leave the
2x60w bulbs above it on all day and night to see if it does any better.

I just pinched off the last set of leaves 2 days ago and this morning I
noticed that it is producing 3 more leaves already. It is pretty
resiliant that way anyway.

how wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
snip If don't have plant lights, then it is pretty much guaranteed that
it's not getting enough light. If you want to approach an ideal level, this
is what marijuana growers do (and I mention this because they've probably
advanced the art of indoor growing more than just about anyone else): snip

Hi,
Avocados will grow indoors and have been used as houseplants for years. I
think your problem started with the toothpick and water trick. Next time
plant the seed 1/2 deep in good soil in a pot and keep warm and moist as in
not wet. No traumatic potting with soggy / weak roots. If you are not trying
to fruit the thing you won't need the "THC Special" light setup either
although they won't do well in shade.
http://www.crfg.org/tidbits/AvocadoFromSeed.html has lots of info.

HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good