Old 19-12-2006, 01:54 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Live oak treatment in December

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:51:26 -0600, Treedweller
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:14:37 GMT, Cindy wrote:

[snipped message]
Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

Thank you for a VERY helpful post!
I've been using Milorganite fertilizer in my yard. Have you used it?

Cindy

No, I haven't seen any up close. I gather it is a granular product,
an organic version of material stripped down to basic nutrients. I
like the compost products because they bring a full ecosystem to your
soil. I'm not sure if milorganite adds actual bulk humus-type stuff
and microbes or not.

I should also clarify that compost really isn't adding much NPK. More
N than PK, but still not a lot. Given the native conditions, I think
boosting the N is generally unnecesary. Trees here are pretty adapted
to low N. Transplants and extreme cases excepted.

keith

Milorganite is 6-1-1