Old 20-12-2006, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default using Parsley

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:35:54 +0100
"JennyC" wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Colin Jacobs wrote:
Due to the warm (So far) winter my Parsley has gone mad.
any ideas on storage of leaves drying and use would be appreciated.
Colin.

Mine are in pots, so I've just moved them into the unheated GH and carried
on snipping a bit as and when it's needed...next spring I'm planting one
out and repotting the other, although I might split them into four or more
if this is possible..

I find they never do well in their 2nd year.... I always plant new seed each
spring.

Hi Jenny, that's because they're bi-annuals. They like to bolt and set seed
the second year.

We usually have it fresh most of the winter, from the veg garden. It dies back
to the ground if it gets pretty cold, but sprouts up like crazy within a few days.
(Of course an extended period of real cold will do it in.) Then we plow under in
the end-february cleanup and start again.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom