Old 21-12-2006, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna J Fortuna is offline

Default Test

My main reaction to poinsettias, whether painted or not does not matter,
it's "No, Robert. No! Here have a insert object instead. Isn't that a nice
something or other? Much nicer than the yucky poinsettia. No, you don't
agree? Ok, let's go someplace completely different then." [Exit me with
screaming toddler in arms, going to the other end of the room -- letting
screaming child down someplace safer, whereupon he immediately tries to go
back to poinsettia etc etc]

I found myself looking at the poinsettias in our office building, thinking,
"why would our office management put those up? don't they know that these
things are poisonous, and make one throw up if ingested." Then I remembered
that my coworkers and I are not toddlers, and thus everyone is probably safe
from ingesting poinsettias at the office. Similarly when I see a paper clip
lying on the floor in the office, my first thought is "that's a choking
hazard" before I remember that I am at the office. At an office lunch I
realized belatedly that I took too many paper napkins out of force of habit.
And as I was working on putting together a glossary for a document at work,
I found myself humming the alphabet song, since the glossary is an alphabet
sort of thing.

On the other hand, my mind is not completely taken up by the rampaging
toddler, my evidence for that is that my orchids are still doing quite well,
so I must be watering them often enough I suppose. Currently only six of my
orchids are in flower, but 18 are in spike or in bud!

Joanna

"Steve" wrote in message
well, i saw one of those dyed poinsettias the other day--it looked
*diseased*-! ick!

there. does that help??

--j_a

Yes it does, a little.
You know, those artificially colored poinsettias were mentioned here last
week. I don't get to Lowes very often (3 hour round trip) but I went
shopping last Friday and I needed to look for something in Lowes. There
they were. Only a few next to a larger group of normal ones. The ones they
had were sort of lavender with glitter. The normal ones looked so much
nicer.

Steve