Old 21-12-2006, 03:12 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
[email protected] amullerice@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default another mystery tree - Livingstone, Zambia

Thanks for the PDF link, but this does not seem right.

The fruit skin is smooth, not hairy, and not woody (unless I missed
something). The colours I saw ranged from green to yellow / orange
(ripe?). Mind you, I only glanced at the thing. I'll send the pdf to
the original poster and see if he knows more.

The fruit bats seemed to like them.

The fruit is spherical and smaller than a golf ball.

I have another photo of the tree... Shame I can't post it here.

A.