Old 21-12-2006, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ForeverArsenal ForeverArsenal is offline

Default OT Frogs

Hi all
A merry Christmas to you all.

Asking question in here because I could not find decent wild life group.

I have in my garden in Essex (Nr Great Dunmow) a small water
feature namely a (approx) 1 mtr wide oak barrel (bottom third)
that a old fashion cast iron pump with small electric fish tank pump.

Now problem is all year there are up to ten frogs living in it rent free
:-)

Now that the cold spell is with us I turn the pump off as the water top
freeze's
and of course it would pump the water out of tub.

I've been breaking the ice 2 or 3 times a day (how do they live in that
temp)
but it does disturb the frogs and I don't know if I'm doing right or not,I
assume
they want to get out some times so break the ice up.

Anyone know for sure please best thing to do ??
--
Barry.