Old 23-12-2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default change in hardiness zones due to global warming

"FragileWarriorElf" wrote in message
wrote in news:458ba056.247145406@news-
server.wi.rr.com:

http://arborday.org/media/zones.cfm

Can you explain something to me? On the border between Indiana and
Illinois there is little coma shaped zone 5 in the middle of a massive
area
of zone 6. Is that a lake effect thing? And why that odd little shape?

It never fails that I am *somewhere* near one of those odd little areas
and
I have wondered how and why they are there.

Valley, maybe? Perhaps you can spot something useful he
http://birrell.org/andrew/reliefMaps/