Old 24-12-2006, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Allotment Forum

wrote in message

But there may be another reason: perhaps text-only is not seen as

sexy
by younger users?

If anyone sends me an e-mail that isn't in plain text they get a
request back from me to either send in plain text or not bother
sending me anything.

I used to work on ships where the after-dinner video
was a major social event. I noticed that if I put a black-and-white
film on that everyone under the age of 35 would wander off, as

though
they could not see it.

They don't know what they are missing. I saw a wonderful old B&W
movie the other night (well after midnight of course since it was on
TV) that must have been one of Kate Hepburns earliest. Also had Eve
Arden in it and a truly wonderful cat. It was about young actresses
in a house called the Footlights Club. Must find out what it was as
it was so good I'd like to see it again.