Old 24-12-2006, 08:38 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Live oak treatment in December

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:54:48 GMT, Cindy wrote:

* Jangchub wrote, On 12/19/2006 7:53 AM:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:14:37 GMT, Cindy wrote:

[snipped message]
Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

Thank you for a VERY helpful post!
I've been using Milorganite fertilizer in my yard. Have you used it?

Cindy

Milorganite is cheap and decent, but it is made of human biosolids. I
like Ladybug Brand or Sustane. Reason being you will get both bio and
fungal properties. Trees thrive in soils with a dense network in the
fungal mat beneath the soil. If you nurture that, the trees will be
very happy, but Milorganite is okay. It stinks too!

Yeah, that kind of grosses me out, but the plants sure like it. I'll have to
see what else is available close by.

I'd only suggest you be careful using it. Cover your arms, legs and
wear gloves. Apply when not windy. I used to think biosolids were
okay till I discovered how many heavy metals were found in the
product.