Old 26-12-2006, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Allotment Forum

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:45:50 +0000, Farm1 wrote

I saw a wonderful old B&W
movie the other night (well after midnight of course since it was

on
TV) that must have been one of Kate Hepburns earliest. Also had

Eve
Arden in it and a truly wonderful cat. It was about young

actresses
in a house called the Footlights Club. Must find out what it was

as
it was so good I'd like to see it again.

I think that would be Stage Door (1937).

That's it! I did a google after I posted and found a site where a
number of people reviewed it. All reviewers (4-6 people???) all rated
it 5 out of 5 (I'd agree with that).

Also had Ginger Rogers in it.

And Lucille Ball too.

We
also enjoy old B&W films, and have many, though not that one. If it

has a
wonderful cat, I will definitely put it on my to-buy listg.

It was worth watching just for the amazing cat - it hung around Eve
Ardins neck like a fox cape but yet it didn't look at all drugged as
it was lively enough when picked up but just draped itself when
required. Truly astounding.

Watched
Gaslight (again!) the other night - the 1944 version with Charles

Boyer and
Ingrid Bergman. Wonderful stuff. Our Christmas treat to ourselves

is the
purchase of the original TV version of the Forsyte Saga on DVD, B&W,

with
Eric Porter, Susan Hampshire, Nyree Dawn Porter etc etc. We are not

allowing
ourselves to start watching till Christmas Day (there are 7 DVDs,

and I think
over 22 hours of film, so the pleasure may last some time!).

I was recently chucking out some old books cluttering up the bookcase.
I can't yet part with my set of the Forsyte Saga