Old 26-12-2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
[email protected] Nevermind@hotmail.com is offline

Default ROSES AND FUNGAL DISEASE

I'm fairly new to roses and was wondering if someone could suggest a
variety. I am looking for a good, "Cut Rose" that I can cut and put
in a flower vase in the dining room every so often. I really dont
like to spray for black spot as often as every week. I have a
hybrid tea variety called Chilula (they were out of the Rio Samba
variety - which is what I REALLY LIKED) that i've barely kept alive
in a large pot...Im gonna have to transplant it to a better place in
my raised bed garden. I wondered if the black spot disease could be
eradicated before I transplant it... or should I trash the plant? I
thought about cutting the plant back and spraying it with a chemical
that would kill all the spores.. even thought of a 1:10 bleach
solution on the branches... I dont know... help please... I live in
Texas, near the Dallas area.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final