Old 24-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Ophelia

Default Ailing Rosemary Officianis

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

no access wrote in message 3e7e5c24$0$15320
Hmmm, possibly not what I was hoping to find out, but thanks!

What I may do in that case is to cut out the dead, repot in very
free-draining compost and see what happens.

I didn't think that it would have been waterlogged - there was plenty

of
crock in the bottom of the pot, but perhaps next time I may put crock

then
some pea-shingle and then compost.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Rosemary is normally classed as a short lived shrub, so perhaps it is
just getting too old, the life span may well be curtailed in a pot as
well.

Mike that surprises me. When I lived in Lincolnshire I had a lovely
rosemary hedge. It needed to be chopped once a year and then proceeded to
bush up beautifully. I have lost my rosemary every winter in Scotland and
this year I overwintered it in the cold frame in a pot. Some bits are brown
but the
rest looks ok

Ophelia