Old 27-12-2006, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default ROSES AND FUNGAL DISEASE

Here in Michigan, we use lime sulfur during the dormant period to kill of
spores. This is not recommended for plants when they are active. I use a
10% bleach solution at work to sterilize equipment, and I think it might be
a ruff if it were applied directly on the plant. There are several products
on the market that are very effective, I would suggest checking out
http://www.rosemania.com/ for some good products. In the long run, you'll
spend less time and money buying a good commercially available product.

Good Luck
Jeff
Michigan, zone 5

"Nevermind" wrote in message
I'm fairly new to roses and was wondering if someone could suggest a
variety. I am looking for a good, "Cut Rose" that I can cut and put
in a flower vase in the dining room every so often. I really dont
like to spray for black spot as often as every week. I have a
hybrid tea variety called Chilula (they were out of the Rio Samba
variety - which is what I REALLY LIKED) that i've barely kept alive
in a large pot...Im gonna have to transplant it to a better place in
my raised bed garden. I wondered if the black spot disease could be
eradicated before I transplant it... or should I trash the plant? I
thought about cutting the plant back and spraying it with a chemical
that would kill all the spores.. even thought of a 1:10 bleach
solution on the branches... I dont know... help please... I live in
Texas, near the Dallas area.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final