Old 27-12-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Caren Caren is offline

Default Maikai 'Mayumi' -- how do you make it bloom?

So a friend brings has an orchid she got from her brother or somebody
or other in Florida. It's a huge, specimen-sized plant--theoretically
Brassocattleya Maikai 'Mayumi'--in one of the best-looking pots I've
ever seen. Anyway, she says he can't get it to bloom so she thought
she'd give it a try and it's not blooming for her either. I took home a
hunk and potted it up, thinking my nice bright bay window would be just
the thing. A couple of years later, I've got enthusiastic foliage
growth (for an orchid), but no bloom either. Maikai 'Mayumi' is
supposed to be an easy bloomer, so I'm wondering if we have something
different altogether or if we're maybe missing some vital secret. Any
ideas?

--
Caren