Old 27-12-2006, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Caren Caren is offline

Default Maikai 'Mayumi' -- how do you make it bloom?

K Barrett wrote:
It usually boils down to light, these are high light plants, but also make
sure it gets at least a 10 degree day/night temperature variation, doesn't
go below about 55F at night and maybe cut back on feeding in the winter time
(or when it isn't in active growth). Usually you don't have to rest
cattleyas, but hey. Its worth a try. For more light have you tried
summering it outside?

It does summer outside in the filtered light near our ornamental
grass--much more light than that and it would be in direct sun. It's
certainly enough light to send our oncidiums into a summertime blooming
frenzy.

I'm not sure what the day/night temperature variation is in the
bay--that'll be something to check.
--
Caren