Old 28-12-2006, 05:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net is offline

Default An example of a poster's "advertisement"

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
On 28 Dec 2006 02:40:38 GMT, wrote:
"poster" poster wrote:
I have a 99-year old book "Tthe Chess Player's Compendium" by William
Cook concentrating on openings given to me some years ago by my
great-aunt.
[ . . . ]

I'd probably return it. If it was someone's first post I'd definitely
return it, and if it was someone who regularly posted to rec.ponds I'd
still return it, and wonder what possessed them to try to post about
chess in a pond group. Now if it was a 99 year old book about ponds, I'd
probably agree with you and pass it.

Mea culpa. Mea culpa. I should have been clearer that this was from a chess
NG and the general principal for ponders might be the same, which I see you
understand, while poking me with rounded sticks. ;-)

~Semper Fi~