Old 28-12-2006, 07:40 AM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default An example of a poster's "advertisement"

If it were a pond book and a regular poster, I would think it unusual
and pass it. If it were a first post, I am not sure. Perhaps take it
up with the other moderators. My concern would be that it is a whole
post advertising. If a first post were of this sort and were followed
by a second advertising post, I would send the second back and assume
that the poster is advertising by hiding his wares in 'personal'
correspondence. Covert ads would not be appropriate in a pond
discussion group.

Jim