Old 29-12-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson Susan Erickson is offline

Default Duck - Here comes Round 2

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 07:24:23 -0800, "wendy7" wrote:

Stay warm Sue, I often wonder about people that are snowed in, as far as
grocery shopping etc. Must be very organized & prepared as we go about every
other day!!!
Just remember though we get our water from the Rockies so let it snow,
let it snow!

We too get water from Snow melt, -- But that is up top. Also the
reason our water is so clean and chem. free. Generally they measure
the snow in hundreds of inches. (Ski hill territory) They did get a
good share of this one.

We moved 6 plus this am. Just down the pike they got 18" so I guess
I will not complain. Now it is snowing again. And wave three is due
on Sunday.

The grocery stores -- The number of people last week who could not get
milk or eggs (used to every other day shopping) caused the grocery run
yesterday. The stores are bare. Even the bread, as one fellow told
my daughter, "the expensive stuff no one buys because it tastes like
cardboard is out." The news showed pix of the bare bread shelves.
Definitely siege mentality going into this one. What ever it is - if
it is "grocery" it will be eatable. Lots of weird stuff was out.
Canned vegetables showed the run. We are Costco buyers so stocks are
good. It is just family we are short on.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids