Old 30-12-2006, 11:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Mexican Orchid Species Resource

Good thinking Reka. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

John

"Reka" wrote in message
. ..
John Varigos wrote:
Hi Alex and Diana

Late reply due to computer crash!!

This is good news as the magazines are almost useless without a
cumulative index. I haven't the time to wade through 25 + years of
magazines to find a particular article so the magazines sit on my
bookshelves gathering dust. Look impressive but totally useless after
they have been read and filed.

I was about to start scanning the indices myself - might still do it -and
making a cumulative index that I could search.

Another choice for the time being would be to use Bob Betts' excellent
Orchid Pictures Query at http://los.lon.imag.net/picref.asp. His sources
include, among many others, AOS Bulletins from 1954 through May 2006,
Awards Quarterly from 1976 through September 2006 and Orchid Digest from
1976 through March 2006. If you found a picture, you could assume there
might also be an article about the said orchid.

Reka