Old 31-12-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Storing onions

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:41:10 GMT, Norman Kaye wrote:

Hello,
I have a problem storing my onions.
They are grown from sets and I usually get a good crop.
However, storing them is always a problem to me. I get at least 30% losses
every year because they tend to go rotten. I currently hang them in the
garage---is this the wrong way? Any help would be much appreciated.
Norman

Stringing is good, but too fussy to explain here. I expect there's a
website.
I do mine in tights (the onions, not me you understand)
The weight of the onion keeps them from touching each other and you can cut
them out through the bottom as you need them. Hang over a 6" nail or hook
near the garage roof and not against a wall that gets the mid-day sun.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK