Old 31-12-2006, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Storing onions

"Jim S" wrote in message

Stringing is good, but too fussy to explain here. I expect there's a
website.
I do mine in tights (the onions, not me you understand)
The weight of the onion keeps them from touching each other and you can
cut
them out through the bottom as you need them. Hang over a 6" nail or hook
near the garage roof and not against a wall that gets the mid-day sun.
--
Jim

Jim I think you omitted to say that you tie a knot in the tights above each
onion to prevent them touching each other and also to enable you to cut one
off at a time without all of them falling to the floor.

Kind regards and best wishes for the New Year

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk