Old 31-12-2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Antony Legat Antony Legat is offline

Default Early Sprouting Garlic

At the end of November I created a small raised bed/patch and planted
out some garlic I bought from a farm shop. This was mulched with mown
leaves and grass as I am trying to grow along permaculture/organic
lines. Today I noticed about 5-6 garlic shoots poking through the mulch
and I'm wondering what happens if it gets frosty? Common-sense tells me
to add a little more mulch to just cover the shoots till Spring. Is this
sensible/necessary? Is this usual for the time of year or is
climate-change really starting to kick in now? Thoughts from more
experienced gardeners welcomed.

Wishing all a Happy New Year!

Antony