Old 31-12-2006, 11:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jason James Jason James is offline

Default Help! Grubs withcacoons eating our pines.

Appreciate how to kill these parasites. We've had 3 book-leaf pine-trees for
20 yrs in the front yard and out here in Dubbo they do reasonabley well for
non-gardeners like myself. But in the last 10 days they have been attacked
by grubs which clothe themselves in a cacoon made from the pine-tree's
leaves.

There are 100s of these things suspended by a gossamer of thread, others
actively eating the foliage.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

Jason