Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Help! Grubs withcacoons eating our pines.

I don't know what you have, but when I get a similar problem with other
trees, I get a good liquid poison and a pump up sprayer, and spray them. We
have what is called a web worm. When sprayed, they immediately fall out of
the web on the ground and die in a couple of minutes. You can find one that
will also kill the pest after being eaten with the leaves. Good luck.

Dwayne(in Kansas)

"Jason James" wrote in message
Appreciate how to kill these parasites. We've had 3 book-leaf pine-trees
for
20 yrs in the front yard and out here in Dubbo they do reasonabley well
for
non-gardeners like myself. But in the last 10 days they have been attacked
by grubs which clothe themselves in a cacoon made from the pine-tree's
leaves.

There are 100s of these things suspended by a gossamer of thread, others
actively eating the foliage.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

Jason