Old 01-01-2007, 11:19 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Murraya

In article ,
"Blaircam" blaircam(no wrote:

I don't have a problem with 5m but I didn't think it grew quite that big - I
thought more like 3m...

It will say 3m on the label, but it's not true for Sydney's climate. Possibly
your cooler winters will calm it down a bit.

As for the other suggestions - I was considering Choysia. I don't want roses
and I have tried gardenias in the spot and they've been scorched to death.
The spot gets full sun all day after about 10:30 am and it can get pretty
hot.
I have also considered star jasmine and like it - but its not quite what I'm
after for the spot. I might well use it elsewhere 'though.
Thanks anyways. I'll check out the Abelia.

I have a loose hedge of 'Moonlight' grevilleas on my side fence at the front.
It's almost north-south and completely exposed in summer. The grevilleas have
done better than anythin else I've tried, so if you don't mind sacrificing
scent they could be worth a go.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue