Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jason James Jason James is offline

Default Help! Grubs withcacoons eating our pines.

wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 10:17:13 +1100, "Jason James" wrote:

Appreciate how to kill these parasites. We've had 3 book-leaf pine-trees

for
20 yrs in the front yard and out here in Dubbo they do reasonabley well

for
non-gardeners like myself. But in the last 10 days they have been

attacked
by grubs which clothe themselves in a cacoon made from the pine-tree's
leaves.

There are 100s of these things suspended by a gossamer of thread, others
actively eating the foliage.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

Spray them with Dipel.

Thanx for that additional info. I note it is a bio product. A good
alternative provided 2 days is not a critical time delay,..with this attack,
there are so many, I'll use the Dipel as a follow-up a cou[;e of days after
an initial spray of Crawly cruncher.

Jason