Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jason James Jason James is offline

Default Help! Grubs withcacoons eating our pines.

"Tish" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

Spray them with Dipel.

This is good advice. The things eating your pine trees are almost
certainly moth caterpillars, so dipel will probably deal with them
without poisoning the rest of the insect life on the trees - some of
which will be beneficial insects.

Thanx for those comments, Tish. I understand the difference and intend to
treat the dozen or so pine ornamentals with Dipel at regular intervals. We
have one huge CP in the backyard (about 12' high and wide) which gets its
nutrient from root ingress into the sewer line. It has no grub/cacoons on it
at all. A healthy tree in a severely drought affected area.

Jason