Old 02-01-2007, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Overwintering Regal Pelargoniums outside

"M Keville" wrote
I have been waiting for a forecast of the first winter frost before lifting
my Peggy Sue regal pelargoniums. However they are still presenting a bright
green foliage though the last flowers went a few weeks ago. I am wondering
if I could overwinter them outside in South London with a cloche or
bubblewrap covering.
Any advice gratefully received.

They will not take a proper frost and aren't too keen on the cold when it's
also very wet/dull. I'm not saying it won't work, but would take a few
cuttings as insurance (although it's a bit late!).

--
Regards
Bob H