Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Red Tomato Red Tomato is offline

Default Thank you everybody!

Red Tomato wrote:

I agree with the bloody pineapple leaves- had some in the bin for about
four months, not going anywhere!!! and I noticed the savoy cabbage
really hangs around as well.

Barbara from

www.all-about-tomatoes.com

Tulpa wrote:
I now have an almost definative and very entertaining 'Composting FAQ'!
Much appreciated.
On inspection, my dalek like bin has striations of developing humus
with obvious and vigorous worm activity!

We are in the middle of (an admittedly, very warm) winter. And the
whole process has slowed down but I am still unable to envisage filling
it before next summer! It just keeps rotting and dropping!

Slowest to go a Pineapple leaves, Potatoes, Swede skin and
cardboard. I have stopped with the fish but my wife keeps including
orange peel and eggshells. They will still be there next winter!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!