Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default frost question

"meeee" wrote in message
i have been!! g i got one lovely one (decorative, not veg) the other
week that i think isn't. just to give myself something to fuss & obsess
about. i'm looking forward to the winter veg which won't give me any
worries, i must say. it's the "summer" things which suffer when it won't
bloody stop frosting that is driving me mad!

thanks!
kylie

Lol sounds like you're having fun anyway. I think the others had better
advice...but one thing I do know is that if your tomato plants get bitten
and cark it, pull them out by the roots and hang them upside down; you'll
get most of your green tomatoes ripening that way. I had tomatoes half way
through winter with this trick!!

thank you! that's a good tip. i suspect there'll be a lot of hanging
tomatoes around here this autumn :-) (they're just going so sloooooow!)
kylie