Old 24-03-2003, 05:44 PM
LeighMo

Default Need some plant suggestions plz

I have given a cursory look
at fish tho and other than peacocks most fish seem to be 6" or less,

Peacocks are peaceful fish, as cichlids go. But 6" is huge, for a 75 gallon
with no filtration. Remember that fish waste is proportional to volume, and
volume increases by the cube of length. A fish that is twice as long does not
produce twice the waste, it produces eight times the waste.

I was a bit surprised at the number of fish you
suggested tho, but better to err on the side of safety I guess

In that case, it's not so much filtration as aggression. Most Malawi keepers
reduce aggression by overcrowding the tank. This forces the fish to get along,
and prevents any one fish from being bullied, simply because there are so many
targets. But you won't be able to do this, without filtration.

Leigh