Old 07-01-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Raised garden North-South or East-West ?

Bob wrote:
I have been given 10 - 2 1/2 in x 11 1/2 in x 8 ft boards and plan on
making two 4 x 16 ft raised beds.
Looked on the WEB and found some say North-South others say East-West.

Bob ( Northen CA )

Our main garden, 26 ft X 17 ft, runs east and west to get sun coverage
all day. Does well. We have another that is 30 inches by 75 ft, runs
alongside a hurricane fence. Does equally well as it is on the west side
of our home and there are no trees next door to shade it. Does equally
well as the other. I reckon it's a crap shoot and depends on how much
your raised beds will be shaded from the sun.

George, SW LA