Old 07-01-2007, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Pat Brennan[_2_] Pat Brennan[_2_] is offline

Default March of the Dinosaur

As of 1/1/07 my ISP no longer provides access to a news server.
Obsolete I guess. I did a goggle search on news servers and they seem
to run 5 to 10 bucks a month. The "free" sites just seem to be
hooks into their pay service. I found Goggle Groups through the old
Dejanews, but I am not happy with the interface and no access to the
binary site. Anyone know of any better options?

I guess I would not feel so bad about paying the $100 a year fee if I
was not staring at $120 bill for AOS awards. But wait, AOS is offering
a special deal for me; give them $150 and I can have membership as
well. I checked out their forum site and found you are not allowed to
talk about the AOS. I tend to avoid clubs with such rules. Best thing
AOS could do is sell that building and move back into rented office
space in Boston. Not sure what I am going to do next season, but $60
is just plain too much.

Just saw Bob's post and I know I had better download the files and
start studying, but I don't want to, I really don't want to.

Thanks,

Pat