Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default Pond sealer & dead plants

"~ janj" wrote in message
news
Oh, dear.....maybe I should be dropping a small pellet of "Go Cat" into
my planted tanks....I tried Flourish Excel....it seemed to work well...a
little too well on the duck weed in my son's tank but hey ho....I
somehow managed to cross thread the lid and I'm b*ggered if I can open
it again....plants don't seem to distressed yet.....an expensive mistake
that needs a scissor attack....but this is all a little OT for a pond
group so sorry.....

Well, now that you mention it, Ingrid is always saying low quality fish
food pollutes the pond, and we know plants love that type of pollution.

As do the young fish apparently since I got excellent growth on them last
summer and this year they're much, much smaller with a much higher death
rate. How can that be explained?
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.