Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Pond sealer & dead plants

On 7 Jan 2007 14:00:39 -0800, wrote:

OTH, perhaps catfish chow is the secret ingredient for growing pond
plants ) .
d.

LOL! Oh D, don't go there.... my plants are managing fine w/o it. ;-)
~ jan
Old 07-01-2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.ponds

See what you know Janj........Wally world Cat Food not catfish food is
the worlds best fertilizer for pond plants there is. It also promotes
fat healty koi and goldies, all at a fraction of the cost for what
folks pay for koi food.Someday you may smarten up and pay attention
to that master pond and fish keeper named Carol and learn something,
IMNSHO she needs to be part of the moderation tream

-------
Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.ponds

Gill Passman wrote:
I tried Flourish Excel...
I somehow managed to cross thread the lid...

You could try hubby's Vise Grips or large Channel Lock pliers on it,
perhaps while hubby presses down on the lid.
d.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM posted to rec.ponds

Oh, dear.....maybe I should be dropping a small pellet of "Go Cat" into
my planted tanks....I tried Flourish Excel....it seemed to work well...a
little too well on the duck weed in my son's tank but hey ho....I
somehow managed to cross thread the lid and I'm b*ggered if I can open
it again....plants don't seem to distressed yet.....an expensive mistake
that needs a scissor attack....but this is all a little OT for a pond
group so sorry.....

Well, now that you mention it, Ingrid is always saying low quality fish
food pollutes the pond, and we know plants love that type of pollution.

My bog plants - mainly irises, do brilliantly on discarded fish tank
water....rich in nitrates and phosphates.......and all sorts of other
stuff....my house plants thrive on it too...if I remember to give them
some......

Gill

When I have had fish in my patio pond in the house, a water change is done
using a pitcher to dip it out and feed the houseplants. Now days I'm
trimming back, this year only running 3 tanks with fish, the patio pond has
the tropicals plants over wintering in it. I've cut back on how many
houseplants I have also. ~ jan
Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.ponds

"~ janj" wrote in message
news
Oh, dear.....maybe I should be dropping a small pellet of "Go Cat" into
my planted tanks....I tried Flourish Excel....it seemed to work well...a
little too well on the duck weed in my son's tank but hey ho....I
somehow managed to cross thread the lid and I'm b*ggered if I can open
it again....plants don't seem to distressed yet.....an expensive mistake
that needs a scissor attack....but this is all a little OT for a pond
group so sorry.....

Well, now that you mention it, Ingrid is always saying low quality fish
food pollutes the pond, and we know plants love that type of pollution.

=============================
As do the young fish apparently since I got excellent growth on them last
summer and this year they're much, much smaller with a much higher death
rate. How can that be explained?
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.ponds

=============================
As do the young fish apparently since I got excellent growth on them last
summer and this year they're much, much smaller with a much higher death
rate. How can that be explained?

Horse = dead.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 AM posted to rec.ponds

"~ janj" wrote in message
=============================
As do the young fish apparently since I got excellent growth on them last
summer and this year they're much, much smaller with a much higher death
rate. How can that be explained?

Horse = dead.

=============
Yet you keep referring to it and with remarks like cheap feed pollutes the
pond and feeds the plants.

If you see it as a dead issue I would think you'd stop referring to it.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:24 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:37:02 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

Horse = dead.

Yet you keep referring to it and with remarks like cheap feed pollutes the
pond and feeds the plants.

If you see it as a dead issue I would think you'd stop referring to it.

I didn't start the reference. Those remaining in RP couldn't answer to your
satisfaction prior, so why keep asking, that is what I see as a dead issue.
~ jan